Saturday, October 31, 2009

Feelings

I don't really know how I feel these days. On the one hand, I'm the happiest I've been in ages. On the other, I'm in a place where everything is very new and uncharted for me, and to be honest, it's a little bit overwhelming. Fear mingles with my happiness, creating a strange blend of feelings that I just don't know how to deal with, much less describe.

I don't want anyone to get hurt through all this, I want to do the right thing, so I'm trying to watch this feeling very carefully. I have a great thing going here, and I don't want to botch it up because the cowardly side of me fears the difficult road ahead and wants to bail. If every man gave up when things started to look a bit rough, the world would be in a very sorry state.

Just writing this down feels very therapeutic and I feel a bit better already. I wish things were a little bit more simple, but they're not, and they're not going to get any simpler while I'm on this road. So I guess I just have to crank up the ol' problem solver and muscle through the complexity - because often times, it's after the complex puzzles, not the simple ones, we find a truly beautiful picture - and a feeling of satisfaction.

That being said, I'm hungry and getting ready for work. I think we have waffles today. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment